It’s Candle Season…are you ready? Before we go off on a Candle Shopping spree – and yes, I will. Let’s sit and share some candle secrets.
Many people share the common misconception that expensive candles are suppose to perfectly burn for hours.
Nope…not true !
Sadly, unless you properly know how to burn a candle, horrible things may happen.
An expensive candle for example can easily burn worse than a $2.00 candle.
Just look at this diptyque candle.
Yes ladies, I was surprised to see this happen to such an esteemed brand. In a state of disbelief, rather than blaming the candle, I decided to do some research.
So when I stopped by the Jo Malone counter @Nordstrom I had the pleasure in speaking to such a helpful person. Trust me, it’s rather embarrassing having to ask a person for advice on how to do something as simple as candle burning.
To avoid any future embarrassments, let me share some of the wonderful advice he shared:
- Before lighting the candle, make sure it is placed on a flat, even surface.
- During the first burn, always melt the entire top layer. (Set aside adequate amount of time, depending on the candle’s width, this may take a few hours).
- Always place the Candle Wick in the center of the candle. During burns, the wick may move so you may need to make occasional adjustments.
- Remember to trim the wick; long wicks cause candles to burn faster.
- Gently blow out the candle to avoid the wick from moving off to one side.
I hope you find these tips as helpful as I did. After following his advice, all of my candle woes disappeared. Do you have any Candle Burning Tips and tricks you would like to share?